Big Valve_SBH Billet Head_GX and Clone_Stage 2
SBH_ GX/Clone Big Valve Billet Head_Stage 2
*Stage 2 kit adds- intake manifold, valve cover spacer/breather bypass or SVC billet valve cover, and pushrods in addition to the Stage 1 kit.
- Fully CNC machined from a solid billet of aluminum
- Made in the USA
- 4 bolt flanges with silicone O-ring seals (no gaskets to worry about) superior seal
- Offset intake valve to deshroud from cylinder wall (better flow)
- Offset Rocker Billet Roller Rockers (to accommodate the offset valve location)
- Shaft rockers are lighter than stud mounted and at least as rigid
- The correct intake to exhaust valve size, smaller exhaust valves allows us to move the intake valve away from the cylinder wall
- High velocity, correctly sized ports, peak power ~8750rpm with a flat long power curve.
- Rockers made from 2024 material for its superior mechanical properties
- Rockers use full compliment needle bearing pivot for minimal friction
- Non Beryllium Copper Valve Seats (4 times the heat conduction of steel seats to remove heat from valves) (same material as cup car engines)
- Premium Stainless Valves 1.35" Intake and 1.1" Exhaust
- High Efficiency Combustion Chamber with 10mm spark plug to reduce distortion
- Maximized cooling by use of many well placed fins to aid in reliability and power
- High performance manganese bronze valve guides
- Competition Cams premium valves springs Included_Constructed from Pacaloy®
- DED Billet 7075 light weight high strength retainers
DED racing has taken its 20 years of air cooled cylinder head development experience and integrated it into our new billet Honda/Clone head. Introducing the SBH designed to be an affordable replacement/upgrade for the stock cast head. With its integrated rocker arms, superior flow and rigidity it offers performance and value that can't be matched by a cast head or even other billet heads. It is designed to be a true bolt on product where the critical items are included so you don't have to search far and wide to get your project together. This also allows us to ensure that things like rocker arm geometry is optimized and perfect. ( Simply, More Powerful- means we offer products that make your sport more fun not more frustrating).
- Billet head
- Valves, Springs, and Retainers
- O Ring Seals
- Head Bolts and Other Hardware
- 1.25:1 True Shaft Roller Rockers
- Intake and Exhaust Flanges
- Intake Manifold
- Intake Tubes will match your selected Valve Cover Tubes
- Billet Flywheel_Required
- 1/4" Chromoly Pushrod_Required Pushrod Kit
- Billet Connecting Rod_Required
- Intake Manifold ABH Intake Manifold Kit
- SVC Billet Valve Cover Billet Valve Cover
- Or Billet Valve Cover Spacer Valve Cover Spacer
- After market piston
- Reinforced/welded block or billet block
- Run with at least 16 OZ of 4T Briggs and Stratton/Amsoil Oil
- .315 or less lift Cam Shaft_with the 1.25" rockers this lift is optimal.-Bigger Cams waste torque and reduce the overall power output of the head.
- 28mm to 32mm Carburetor, or HL 380 series Tillotson style carb_ Intake ID is 1.25"
- Methanol Fuel is highly recommended for its cooling and power effect.
- Race Gas/Premium Mix_ 50/50% but, a 206 could probably run on 93 oct OK for drag racing applications where less heat is present.
- Timing 28-31 on Gas 31-34 on Methanol
Requires the use of a SFI approve Billet Flywheel! Never use anything but an SFI billet flywheel with our engine products.
This head is designed for sanction racing events only and must be installed by a qualified technician with knowledge of the sport you compete in.
SBH_ Big Valve Billet Head
In Stock_ Currently Available with ~1 Week Lead Time
The new big valve version is designed for builds with 2.7" bores and bigger . It has both bigger valves and bigger (correctly sized) larger ports than the std SBH. It utilizes an efficient 18cc combustion chamber.
This head will help your big bore build reach its full potential! Optimized for bottom end pull and still able to hit high horsepower numbers on the larger displacement >236cc builds.
This head has proven to be a winner for almost everyone we have sold. It has put racers up front all around the country. Proving to be a combination of the correctly sized components that even the most exotic builds can't compete with. Why? Because cylinder head development is so much more than the flow numbers that many sell off of. It is a balance between flow, port velocity, flow coefficients and mach numbers. When these values are not in check even the best flowing head will feel lazy and not be a winner, even if the flow numbers are said to be higher.
Note: For smaller bore builds we still recommend our std SBH for it is matched to perform better in this application. The port and and valve size give the best balance of performance with bottom end torque that is proven to win races. Going with the bigger valve head will actually reduce on track performance in most applications that don't require the bigger valves and ports. A small track application with a 212 build is not in balance with too much cfm and too low of port velocity.